Sunday, September 25, 2011

DG National Conference

Wow. I just got back from the Desiring God National Conference, and I'm kind of in a state of shock (in a good way). I have a lot of schoolwork to do, so I'll keep this post short. Maybe later I'll add more. Anyway, getting to hear 6 sermons in one and a half days was great. The speakers were Louie Giglio, David Platt, Michael Oh, Michael Ramsden, Ed Stetzer, and John Piper. In addition, there were two panel discussions with the speakers. So you can see why it was kind of like drinking out of a fire hydrant. But they were all speaking on the same topic - Missions - so they all complemented each other. They all brought out some great points that I hadn't really thought about all that much. They were all amazing, but I found David Platt's message especially challenging and eye-opening. The whole conference served to really bring me closer in my relationship with God and to make me realize that Jesus' "great commission" to us is not a suggestion, but a command, an invitation into His awesome, eternal, unchanging plan for the world.


The worship times were awesome. When you get 3,500 brothers and sisters in Christ together in one room just praising their God, well, you get the picture.


Update: The videos are up now! Here's the link: http://www.desiringgod.org/resource-library/conference-messages/by-conference/2011-national-conference


That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment